thrifty usa package - ski car rentals companies
thrifty usa package depot information
Thrifty USA Package Rental Terms for travel between 01-Jan-2019 and 31-Dec-2024
ALERT: ALL-ELECTRONIC TOLL ROADS
Many toll roads in Florida are “all-electronic,” which means that there is not an option to pay for tolls
with cash or credit/debit cards when utilizing these toll roads. As a convenience, Dollar/Thrifty offers its
customers an all-inclusive tolling product – PlatePass© - which is an optional product to pay for all
electronic tolls that the customer encounters during his/her rental for a daily rate of $10.49. The daily
rate applies to each day of the customer’s rental.
If a customer declines the PlatePass© option, Dollar/Thrifty will charge the customer the cash/highest
undiscounted price for each electronic toll incurred plus an administrative fee of $9.99 per incurred toll
– capped at $90 per rental period – unless the customer makes some other arrangement to directly pay
for the electronic tolls he/she incurs. These toll-related charges can be avoided by staying off toll roads,
using a personal transponder – where permitted - or by making direct-pay arrangements with the toll
authority – where allowed
Additional Authorized Operator (AAO)
• Added at the time of collection at a charge of $13.50 USD for all States except NY which is $3.00 USD and
Nevada $12.22 USD, these charges are per day per driver plus taxes and fees.
• No charge for Additional Authorized Operator for rentals originating in California.
• Additional Authorized Operators are added to the Rental Record locally and must be present with a valid
• A maximum of four additional drivers can be added.
Cross Border Rentals
• In most cases, vehicles may be driven across the Canadian border.
• It is recommended to have PERS cover when using vehicle in cross border rentals for the US and Canada.
• Please reference the Dollar & Thrifty Inbound USA Tour Program’s Drop and Intercity Policy Chart for
specific intercity fees and restrictions for rentals into Canada.
• Vehicles may be driven into Mexico with prior authorization and from any locations in California, Arizona,
New Mexico and Texas. An additional Mexican insurance must be purchased locally to do so. The cost of
Mexican insurance is between $38.00 - $48.00 USD per calendar day plus taxes and fees, which will assist
with breakdown issues. PERS is not available in Mexico.
• Due to Mexican Law, Mexican citizens are not permitted to drive U.S. owned vehicles in Mexico. Any
attempts to do so will result in fines and penalties.
Debit Card Policy
- No credit check
- Travel plan requirements:
- We’ve removed travel plan requirements when booking 24 hours in advance (except on Luxury, Premium and Convertible car classes)
- If a customer books within 24 hours or is renting a Luxury/Premium/ Convertible: customer must present driver’s license, one (1) additional form of ID and proof of travel plans (e.g., airline/cruise/train tickets)
- No age restrictions — Young Renters (ages 20-24) can now use debit cards
- Incidental hold reduced to $200 (aligned to Hertz)
- No incidental holds for established loyalty members with a VISA stored in their profile(after first loyalty rental)
Please note these three important conditions for our debit card policy:
- Only non-prepaid debit cards backed by Visa, Mastercard or Discover will be accepted
- Our new debit card policy will be valid at all corporate locations. However, Dollar’s franchise locations are not obligated to observe the policy at this time
- Additional requirements will be needed for our most expensive vehicles like premium, luxury,and convertible car classes
• Dollar & Thrifty provides a variety of special services to make the rental process easier for physically
challenged customers. At all corporate locations, you can reserve a car equipped with hand controls. There
is no additional charge.
• Hand Controls:
o Hand controls are devices, which attach to the gas and brake pedals of the vehicle, enabling a
physically challenged person to drive the vehicle without using their legs.
o Hand Controls must be requested at the time of booking, so that the mechanics at the location can
fit the Hand Controls to the vehicle for the customer, as it can take up to an hour to fit these
controls onto a vehicle.
• Steering Balls / Spinner Knobs:
o Steering Balls / Spinner Knob attaches to the steering wheel at specific clock position requested by
client (sent at time of reservation)
o The majority of vehicles can be adapted with Steering Balls/Spinner Knobs and these are provided
free of charge.
o Must be requested at the time of booking to include the clock position for the device, so that the
mechanics at the location can fit in the correct position for the customer.
• Disabled Driving Permits:
o Customers cannot use another country’s Disabled Parking Permit in the USA. Only USA Disabled
Parking permits are permitted.
o Upon arrival customers should contact the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) to request a USA
Disabled Parking Permit. They will be advised as to the location of the nearest DMV office and they
will be required to visit this office in person to apply for a Disabled Parking Permit.
o The cost of this is approx. $15.00 USD for 90 days, plus local taxes and fees
o They need to bring proof of ID plus their country of origin disabled parking permit.
Driver’s License Requirements
• All Renters must present a valid issued driver’s license.
• Drivers must be at least 20 years of age in all states except for New York and Michigan, where the minimum
rental age is 18.
• Rates are not valid for U.S. or Canadian citizens or holders of a U.S or Canadian driver’s license.
• Renters, including additional drivers, must present a valid driver's license, a return airline ticket and
voucher. We do not accept a copy of license (must be original).
• If the driving license is not in English, then an International Driving Permit is strongly recommended. This
is required for translation purposes to confirm the validity of the driver's license for the safety of our renters
and for Dollar & Thrifty.
• A current valid driver’s license must always be presented at the rental counter.
• Change of Driver locally - should for any reason renter need to change the driver name at the counter, for
reasons such as forgotten license or credit card, they must both be present and the new renter must meet
• A valid driver’s license is one that has not expired and shows no restrictions that would prevent the renter
from legally driving a Dollar or Thrifty vehicle.
• In most cases, vehicles can be driven in any state in the continental United States.
• Vehicles are permitted to be transported on ferries. However, if the destination of the ferry is to a site with
gravel or unpaved roads, use of car is not permitted.
• Vehicles may not be driven on poorly maintained or unpaved roads.
Early Return & Late Return/Rental Deviation Fee
• Late return or ‘rental deviation’ fee is incurred if a customer returns the vehicle before or after the
scheduled drop-off time.
• The customer will be charged the local daily rate, plus a $16.00 USD daily fee (5 day maximum) if they are
more than 12 hours late to return the vehicle.
• If customers are expecting a late return during their rental period they are encouraged to contact the
number provided on their Rental Agreement if they have a change in their return date. A Return Change
Fee of $10.00 USD will be applied.
• The agents will be able to adjust the Rental Agreement and inform the client of any rate changes and
applicable fees, which will be at the local daily rate.
• Early return – there is no refund for unused days.
Emergency Roadside Service (ERS)
• Basic Emergency Roadside Service for Dollar & Thrifty is included with every rental. This covers mechanical
defects or breakdowns that can occur, when they occur within the approved driving area at no additional
Extension of Rentals
• You must make a new reservation for the extension rental period. Customer will need to return to location
to renew contract.
• Client may purchase a tank of fuel at the time of rental at a local competitive price, which eliminates the
need for client to refill before returning.
• For packages with Fuel included renters should return vehicle empty. There is no credit for unused fuel.
• Vehicles are provided with a full tank of fuel, there is no refund for unused fuel. If client has not accepted
the FPO they can return the vehicle with a full tank and must show a gas receipt within 10 miles of the
• For rentals in Hawaii: 1) if FPO is purchased at time of rent, and the vehicle is returned with a full tank, the
customer will receive credit for the amount previously charged for the FPO; or 2) regardless of whether FPO
was purchased, if the vehicle is returned with more fuel in it than when it was rented, the renter will receive
credit for the additional gallons/liters.
• If you choose to skip the pump we’ll refuel for you. A charge will be made at market price of fuel used plus
a flat $5.00 USD service fee plus taxes and fees. To use this option just return with less fuel than when you
• Packages including the Fuel are a minimum 4-day rental only and is not available in ALL Manhattan
Grace Period & Maximum Rental Duration
• A rental day consists of 24 consecutive hours, each day starting at the time of the rental. Extra charges will
apply when the rental exceeds a 24-hour period by 29 minutes. The customer will be charged at local rates
for the extra time.
• Tour Operators will be charged for the number of days booked, irrespective of the number of days the
customer actually rents. If the client returns the car early, the Tour Operator will still be charged at the
number of days reserved. Exceptions, such as medical emergencies, death in family, etc., will be handled
subsequently by Customer Relations.
• Rental periods cannot exceed 62 days. If a rental is in excess of 62 days, additional reservations are
necessary to accommodate the total number of days. The number of days reserved for each reservation
may be split up as necessary, as long as no one reservation exceeds 62 days. The rental agreement must
be renewed at a participating location and therefore client must return to location to do so. For example,
a 70-day rental may be booked on a reservation of 62 days and one of 8 days or may be booked on a
reservation of 40 days and 30 days. Additional reservations/voucher are required for each rental period,
which must be presented at the counter for renewal of the rental record prior to the 63rd day (or whatever
day rental has been split to). If the vehicle is returned to a location other than the original renting location,
drop off charges may apply.
• Top Dollar & Thrifty rental airport locations will offer NeverLost® Navigator+. All other Dollar & Thrifty
airport locations, and the majority of off-airport locations will offer NeverLost® Magellan.
o Please reference the NeverLost Navigator+ Dollar & Thrifty locations lists (see Appendix). Location
list is subject to change.
• All Dollar & Thrifty locations will rent either NeverLost® Magellan or NeverLost® Navigator+, not both
devices. Customers will not be able to upgrade from NeverLost® Magellan to NeverLost® Navigator+,
because both products are not available for rent at the same location.
• Missing accessories or broken, lost or stolen units will be the responsibility of the renter and will be charged
at the current replacement rates.
• Customers may also purchase GPS inclusive rates.
• NeverLost® Navigator+:
o Retails for a fee of $16.99 USD per day with a 14-day maximum per month.
o Customers can buy 60 phone credits on the device for $8.95 USD per day.
o Customers can buy the unlimited data that can serve as a hotspot for up to 2 devices for $5.95 USD
o Customers will pay our 3rd party vendor directly.
• NeverLost® Magellan:
o Retail for a fee of $13.99 USD per day with a 14-day maximum per month.
• TravelTab Adventurer:
o Retail for a fee of $21.99 USD per day with no maximum days. TravelTab Adventurer will only be
at locations with Neverlost Navigator+.
o Adventurer will only be at locations with Neverlost Navigator+.
o Customers will get 60 phone credits per day (30 international minutes or 60 domestic minutes);
plus unlimited data that can serve as a hotspot for up to 5 devices.
Infant & Child Seats
• The daily charge is $13.99 USD per day, maximum of $98.00 USD per rental plus taxes and fees.
• Infant seats – Cosco Light & Comfy (Model #IC206CHZ) - Rear facing: Birth and Infants 5 – 22 pounds (2.3 –
10 kg) and 19 – 29 inches (48 – 74 cm) in height.
• Toddler seats – Cosco Next (Model #CC123FSM) – Rear facing: 5 – 35 pounds (2.3 – 16 kg), height: 19 – 36
inches (48 – 91 cm). Forward facing: 22 – 40 pounds (10 – 18.2 kg), height: 34 – 43 inches (86 – 109 cm).
Note: The Cosco Next rear facing may be provided as Birth and Infant seat)
• Booster seats – Cosco Pronto (Model #22-491FSM) – Forward facing: for children 40 – 100 pounds (18.2 –
45.5 kg) and 34 – 57 inches (86 – 145 cm) in height.
• Dollar and Thrifty (all brands) require customers to install the child seats themselves.
• In all North America markets, the ISOFIX system is known as LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for
Children). LATCH has been required in all passenger vehicles since 2002 and Dollar and Thrifty (all brands)
approved child seats are LATCH equipped.
• Customers are also permitted to use their own car seats.
• Unlimited mileage applies to all vehicle rentals.
• Non-U.S and Canadian residents must present a valid credit card in the name of the renter, which is the
preferred method for deposit.
• The credit card incidental amount will be as follows:
o Customers paying with VISA at ALL locations will have total of incidentals (Fuel, One way fee, child
seats) plus 15% of this total added as an incidental amount
o Customers renting in Florida will have a minimum of $250.00 USD or 15% of the estimated charges
(whichever is greater) credit authorized on their card (excludes VISA, as above).
o Customers renting in Hawaii will NOT have a credit card incidental amount. This excludes rentals
paying with a VISA credit card.
o Customer renting in all other states will have a minimum of $350.00 USD or 15% of the estimated
charges (whichever is greater) credit authorized on their card. Excludes rentals paying with a VISA
• At time of rental, an authorization hold will be secured on the credit/debit card provided, as detailed
above. These funds will not be available for your use.
• All rentals are subject to meeting license requirements.
• Cash deposits are no longer accepted at many locations.
• Optional Items such as - child seats, satellite navigation, additional drivers, one-way drop-off charges are
payable upon arrival and are subject to local taxes and fees (see further sections for applicable charges).
• Dollar & Thrifty offers the PlatePass electronic toll payment system, which is operated by PlatePass LLC, a
division of American Traffic Solutions, to provide customers the convenience of utilizing electronic toll lanes
without incurring any toll road fines or penalties.
• Customers can opt into the PlatePass service in 3 ways:
o At the commencement of the rental
o At return
o By opening the transponder shield box (E-Z Pass transponder region only)
• To utilize PlatePass on these toll roads, customers are required to purchase the PlatePass product for the
entire duration of the rental. The daily charge ranges from $8.99 - $21.49 USD per day with some weekly
rates available in certain markets.
• Customers who decline PlatePass but still use cashless toll roads, will be charged: (a) all tolls incurred; (b) a
$15.00 USD administrative fee for each toll incurred (subject to a $90.00 USD cap for such toll-related
administrative fees for the rental period); and (c) all other applicable toll charges or fees.
• Available at Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Port Canaveral - to be requested at time of reservation
• Miami Port – MIAP01 (Port of Miami cruise ships only):
o Dollar have a shuttle service.
o Vehicles must be returned to the Airport. They must NOT be returned to the Port of Miami.
o Customer must walk to the designated pick up area and look for the Dollar pick up vehicle/shuttle.
o Shuttle frequency is 30-45 minutes
o Distance to location/vehicle – 8 miles
o Clients are transferred to Miami International Airport, 3900 NW 25th St. Suite 405, Miami, FL,
33142. Tel: 305 894 5020
o Hours, Mon – Sun 07:00 – 15:00
• Fort Lauderdale Port – FLLC19:
o Dollar Shuttle service
o Customer will be shuttled to and from the FLLC19 location to the Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale
o Shuttle service runs when cruise ships dock
o Clients are transferred to the Fort Lauderdale office, 2400 Miami Road, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33316.
Tel: 954 463 8060
o Hours, Mon – Sun 07:00 – 18:00
• Port Canaveral (Melbourne) - MLBC01 (Florida):
o Dollar & Thrifty operate dual branded courtesy bus/shuttle service to cruise port
o Customer must call – 321 799 2945 for collection after disembarking with luggage. They must also
advise what cruise line they have arrived on.
o Shuttle runs every 15-60 minutes
o Distance to locations – 10 minutes
o Transportation is provided to return to the Cruise line at the end of rental also.
o Office address – Melbourne (Cape Canaveral), 6799 N Atlantic Ave, Cape Canaveral, 32920. Tel:
321 799 2620
o Hours, Mon – Sun 07:30 – 15:30
Satellite Radio (Sirius)
• SiriusXM is the country's premier satellite radio entertainment provider. SiriusXM delivers over 130
channels of satellite radio throughout the North America. There are 60 original channels of commercial
free music, 60 channels of news, sports, entertainment and 11 channels of live traffic and weather (20 major
• A daily charge of $7.99 USD per full or partial day
• We operate a shuttle service to transport renters between Dollar locations and Kissimmee Hotels.
• It is a courtesy shuttle and we pick up from all hotels within a 7 to 10 mile from our resort locations (tour
• The number for clients to call locally for the shuttle service is our reservation centre - (001) 407 583 8000,
where they can arrange collection from their hotel to the local Dollar location to collect their vehicle.
• The shuttle service is available 7 days a week from 8:30am - 4:30pm.
• Free shuttle service - there is no cost to tour rentals.
• Available on request in ski areas of Salt Lake City, Boise, Albuquerque, Denver and Colorado Springs and on
the following vehicles only C, D, F, L, T & T6.
• Payable locally from $18.00 USD per day, maximum of $126.00 USD per rental plus local taxes and fees.
Taxes and Fees
• There may be a local surcharge imposed by the state. Any such charges are payable at the time of collection,
unless stated as being included in the net rates. Optional items such as child seats, one way rental fees,
GPS plus items not included in the net rate (voucher) are subject to local taxes and fees. Products purchased
at the rental counter are subject to all applicable federal, state and local taxes, fees, charges and surcharges.
• If any additional federal, state, local taxes, fees, charges or surcharges are imposed during the term of this
contract, or, if there is a modification to these, such additions or modifications will be charged to the client
at the counter.
• List of Taxes, Fees and other charges consists of, but is not limited to, the following:
o SALES TAXES: Sales taxes vary between cities and states ranging from approximately 0% to 30%.
o SURCHARGES: Surcharges vary by state, city and location.
o CONCESSION RECOVERY FEE: Concession Recovery Fees are charged unless prohibited by law.
These fees assist in covering all or part of the average concession fees plus the additional cost of
doing business. Concession Recovery Fees can apply to but are not limited to Airports, Hotels,
FBO’s and Train Station locations. They apply on the prepaid portion of the rental and on any and
all products purchased at the rental counter.
o VEHICLE LICENSE FEES: Vehicle License Fees vary by state and vehicle type.
o ENERGY SURCHARGE: The cost of energy needed to support our business operations, to offset the
cost of utilities, bus fuel, oil and grease, etc. $1.49 USD per rental where it is not prohibited by law.
o CUSTOMER FACILITY CHARGES (CFC): This is an additional charge by the airports to offset the
operation of a consolidated car rental facility or bus system at the airport. Varies by location
between $0.31 - $10.00 USD per day / $0.30 - $19.00 USD per rental
o BUSING FEE: Is a charge imposed by the company to recover amounts paid towards the operation
of a consolidated car rental bus system at the airport. These are above the costs paid through the
CFC and is not government mandated. Varies by location $3.40 - $4.49 USD per rental.
Young Driver’s Policy
• Drivers that are at least twenty years of age, but less than twenty-five years of age will be subject to a
supplemental charge between $25.00 - $35.00 USD per day plus tax in all States except New York which is
$35.00 - $45.00 USD and Michigan $25.00 – $35.00 USD, unless prohibited by state law. Prices vary by car
class and rental location.
• In New York, drivers that are at least eighteen years of age, but less than twenty-one years of age are subject
to a supplemental charge of $72.99 USD per day plus tax.
• In Michigan, drivers that are at least eighteen years of age, but less than twenty-one years of age are subject
to a charge of $48.00 USD per day plus tax.
• There are age restrictions on select specialty vehicles where driver must be 25 years to rent, this is relevant
by location. Please check with reservations on the Premium, Luxury, Convertible, Minivans and SUVs.
• Renters may upgrade to another class of vehicle at the time of rental (subject to availability).
• Upgrades are based on supply and demand and renter shall pay directly to Company all charges for such
• During the winter season (1 October through 1 April) we provide our fleet with all season tires, ice scrapper
or snow brush, de-icer washer fluid, radiator anti-freeze at winter level and emergency road service at no
extra cost. Local regulations in certain conditions may override this from time to time.
Waivers & Insurances
Damage Liability-Theft Liability Excess:
• No Excess
Emergency Sickness Protection (ESP):
• Optional protection available only to Non-US citizens who possess a valid non-U.S. passport at the time of
rental. It provides certain medical benefits for some sicknesses for the renter and any person who is a
member of the renter's traveling party. Additional covered persons must also possess a valid non-U.S.
passport and must have written proof that they are a member of the renter's traveling party. Not available
at all locations.
• ESP provides coverage up to $10,000 USD per covered person for the reasonable and customary cost of
necessary medical care for a covered sickness, including: medical or surgical treatment, hospital services,12
supplies, x-rays and lab fees, local ambulance, visits to a physician’s office. (There is a $100 USD deductible
per person per sickness).
• Maximum $2,500 USD for dental treatment (any dental care must be related to a sickness).
o No routine dental care will be covered.
• Exclusions: we will not pay medical expenses benefits for any treatment or services for sickness that is
caused by, or results from sickness where the insured’s trip to the host country is undertaken for treatment
or advice for such sickness, except as provided in the Policy.
o Pre-Existing Conditions
o Any treatment, services or supplies received by the Insured that are incurred or received while he
or she is in his or her own country.
o Losses resulting from an accident, hernia, appendicitis, cardiovascular disease, cancers, tumors,
tuberculosis, organ transplant, congenital conditions, deviated septum.
o Cosmetic surgery, dental care, sexually transmitted diseases, birth control, fertility/infertility
treatment, pregnancy, miscarriage, abortion and emotional or mental disorders of any kind.
o Expenses for eyeglasses, contact lenses, or hearing aids.
Loss Damage Waiver (LDW):
• In most states, in the event of any other loss or damage to the car, regardless of fault, customer’s financial
responsibility extends to the full value of the car at the time of rental, less its salvage value, plus expenses
for towing, storage and impound fees, diminution of the value of the car as determined by Hertz, an
administrative charge, and a charge for loss of use, regardless of fleet utilization. If customer’s responsibility
differs in the state in which the customer rents, it will be stated in Paragraph 4 of the Rental Agreement.
• Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) is an optional service that relieves the customer of all responsibility for the loss
of or damage to the rental car, provided the car is used in accordance with the Rental Agreement.
• When a customer purchases LDW (which is not insurance) the customer will not be held responsible for
damages to the car in the event that any damage should occur, provided the damage was not the result of
a prohibited use of the vehicle.
• Liability Protection is addressed in some detail in the Terms and Conditions of the applicable Rental
Agreement. Essentially, Liability Protection, if provided by ‘Dollar or Thrifty’, provides limited protection
o Bodily Injury Liability - The legal responsibility of the customer, an Authorized Operator (AO), or an
Additional Authorized Operator (AAO) for bodily injury or death to a *Third Party arising from an
accident where the driver of the Hertz vehicle may be at fault.
Third Party - Generally, anyone to whom the customer, Authorized Operator or Additional
Authorized Operator causes injury or damage as a result of an accident involving a Hertz
o Property Damage Liability - The legal responsibility of the customer, an Authorized Operator (AO),
or an Additional Authorized Operator (AAO) for damage to the property of a Third Party arising
from an accident where the driver of the Hertz vehicle may be at fault.
• Where permitted by law, no liability protection is provided under the terms of the Rental Agreement from
claims of injury by others against you resulting from an accident with the rental car. Some locations provide
Primary Liability Protection under the Rental Agreement, but in those situations where liability protection
is provided, such protection is no more than the minimum limits required by individual state law.
Liability Insurance Supplement (LIS):
• Optional protection that provides additional liability protection for the customer, Authorized Operator(s),
or Additional Authorized Operator(s) if an accident occurs.
• Combines the features of Primary Liability Protection with an excess liability policy to provide protection up
to a combined single limit of $1,000,000 per accident for third party bodily injury and / or property damage
• LIS Coverage also includes up to $1,000,000 of Uninsured / Underinsured Motorist Protection.
• Primary protection, regardless of the state in which accident occurs.
• LIS product will be priced between $12.34 - $18.85 USD per day plus taxes and fees (varies by state), where
not included in the rate.
• Premium Roadside Service (PERS):
o If Premium Emergency Roadside Service is purchased, costs are covered up to $1,000 for services
such as keys locked in the car, lost keys, dead batteries resulting from lights being left on, and
spare tire mounting.
o In addition, PERS includes a 90-minute roadside service guarantee.
o It also covers travel interruption reimbursements up to $1,000 per rental for incremental travel
expenses incurred when the vehicle is disabled in an accident and we cannot provide a
replacement vehicle within 3 hours.
o Cost is $8.99 USD per day plus taxes and fees (effective April 1, 2017).
o This towing and support service is country specific so would only include coverage when travelling
within the US or Canada.
o PERS does not apply in Mexico but the Mexican Insurance will assist with breakdown issues.
Personal Accident Insurance (PAI):
• Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) allows customer to elect accidental death and accident medical expense
coverage for renter and passengers during the rental period of the vehicle. If this coverage is accepted, the
benefits for the renter will apply to all accidental injuries during the rental period, the renter is covered in
or out of the rental vehicle. Passenger(s) are covered while entering, exiting, or occupying the rental vehicle.
• Added at the time of collection $6.99 USD per day (except NY which is $2.95 USD a day) plus taxes and
|PAI Coverage Benefits Schedule||Renter||Each Passenger|
|Accidental Death||$175,000 USD||$17,500 USD|
Accident Medical Expenses Not to
|$2500 USD||$2,500 USD|
|Ambulance Expense Not to Exceed||$250.00||$250.00|
Accident Medical Expenses Not to
|Ambulance Expense Not to Exceed||$150.00||$150.00|
• Total Benefit for any one accident is limited to $225,000 USD. Rentals originating in the State of Mississippi
do not have a single accident limit of $225,000 USD.
• Renter is covered 24 hours a day, in or out of the vehicle, during the rental term.
• Passengers are covered riding in, entering or exiting the rented vehicle.
• Exclusions - PAI does not cover loss or injury that is caused by, or results from - Suicide or attempted suicide,
intentionally self-inflicted injury, War or any act of war, whether declared or not. Commission of, or attempt
to commit, a felony, an assault or other illegal activity. Flight in, boarding, or alighting from an Aircraft. The
insured being under the influence of drugs or intoxicants, unless taken under the advice of a Doctor. Repair,
replacement, examinations for prescriptions, or the fitting of eyeglasses or contact lenses. Pregnancy,
childbirth, or miscarriage. Injury sustained while participating in a prearranged or organized race or testing
of a vehicle.
Personal Effects Coverage (PEC):
• Provides coverage to applicable limits for covered personal effects which incur a covered loss or are
damages while renting:
|Personal effects owned by you and immediate family travelling with you||Up to $600 USD per person / $500 USD (NY)|
Maximum coverage for all claims during any rental
|$1,800 USD / $1,500 USD (NY)|
• Exclusions – PEC does not cover loss or damage due to theft unless reported to the police or competent
authority. Any loss or damage directly or indirectly caused by declared or undeclared war or any act thereof.
Loss or damage due to moth, vermin, wear and tear, gradual deterioration, mechanical or electrical failure
or inherent vice. Property while in the care, custody, or control of any common carrier.
• Both the PAI and PEC coverage pay in addition to any other policies that may cover the renter or covered
• NOTE: PAI and PEC are not available separately and must be taken in combination.
• The following Dollar USA Locations offer NeverLost Navigator +
o Albuquerque International Airport (ABQ); Baltimore International Airport (BWI); Boston Logan International
Airport (BOS); Burbank Airport (BUR); Charlotte International Airport (CLT); Midway International Airport (MDW);
O’Hare International Airport (ORD); Cincinnati International Airport (CVG); Cleveland Hopkins Airport (CLE); DallasFort Worth International Airport (DFW); Dallas Love Field (DAL); Denver International Airport (DEN); Detroit
International Airport (DTW); Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL); General Mitchell International Airport
(MKE); Bradley International Airport (BDL); Hilo International Airport (ITO); Honolulu International Airport (HNL);
Houston-Hobby Airport (HOU); Houston International Airport (IAH); Indianapolis International Airport (IND); JFK
Airport (JFK); Kansas City International Airport (MCI); Kona International Airport (KOA); LaGuardia International
Airport (LGA); ); McCarron International Airport (LAS); Lihue Airport (LIH); Los Angeles International Airport (LAX);
Kahului Airport (OGG); Memphis International Airport (MEM); Miami International Airport (MIA); MinneapolisHumphrey Terminal (MSPC55); Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP); Nashville International Airport
(BNA); Newark International Airport (EWR); Oakland International Airport (OAK); Orlando International Airport
(MCO); Philadelphia International Airport (PHL); Sky Harbor Airport (PHX); Port Everglades (FLLC09); RaleighDurham International Airport (RDU); San Antonio International Airport (SAT); San Diego International Airport
(SAN); San Francisco International Airport (SFO); San Francisco-O’Farrel (SFOC01); San Jose International Airport
(SJC); SouthWest Regional Airport (RSW); TF Green State Airport (PVD); Washington National Airport (DCA); West
Palm Beach International Airport (PBI).
• The following Thrifty USA Locations offer NeverLost Navigator +
o Albuquerque International Airport (ABQ); Baltimore International Airport (BWI); Boston Logan International
Airport (BOS); Burbank Airport (BUR); Chicago Midway Airport (MDW); O’Hare International Airport (ORD);
Cincinnati International Airport (CVG); Cleveland Hopkins Airport (CLE); Dallas-Fort Worth International
Airport (DFW); Dallas Love Field (DAL); Denver International Airport (DEN); Detroit International Airport
(DTW); Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL); General Mitchell International Airport (MKE); Bradley
International Airport (BDL); Hilo International Airport (ITO); Honolulu International Airport (HNL); HoustonHobby Airport (HOU); Houston International Airport (IAH); Indianapolis International Airport (IND); JFK
Airport (JFK); Kansas City International Airport (MCI); Kona International Airport (KOA); LaGuardia
International Airport (LGA); McCarron International Airport (LAS); Lihue Airport (LIH); Los Angeles
International Airport (LAX); Kahului Airport (OGG); Memphis International Airport (MEM); Miami
International Airport (MIA); Minneapolis-Humphrey Terminal (MSPC55); Minneapolis-St. Paul International
Airport (MSP); Nashville International Airport (BNA); Newark International Airport (EWR); Oakland
International Airport (OAK); Orlando International Airport (MCO); Philadelphia International Airport (PHL);
Sky Harbor Airport (PHX); Port Everglades (FLLC09); Port of Miami (MIAP52); Portland International Airport
(PDX); Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU); Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC); San Antonio
International Airport (SAT); San Diego International Airport (SAN); San Jose International Airport (SJC); Seattle
International Airport (SEA); SouthWest Regional Airport (RSW); TF Green State Airport (PVD); Washington
National Airport (DCA); Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD); West Palm Beach International Airport
Please Note: Information provided in this document correct at time of issue, includes overview of the Dollar &
Thrifty optional services. Cost and conditions of all options/taxes/fees/surcharges are subject to change
without notice. Optional items are plus taxes and fees relevant to location/state.
Terms of booking on this website
The rates on this website are often heavily discounted. This is due to our negotiated rates and bulk buying power. On very rare occasions, a rate may be displayed incorrectly due to our, or a vehicle supplier's error. In such a case, if you book with us at a quoted rate that is incorrect, we will notify you of any price change and give you the option to proceed or cancel. We make every effort to keep information on our site up to date, but we cannot guarantee this website is free of errors or omissions and retain the right to update or change the information published at any time.
To the extent permitted by law we/the owners of this website will not be liable to you or to any third party (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to any accident, injury, delay or loss of enjoyment) arising out of your reliance upon information contained on this website, including but not limited to your use (or inability to use) any products or services described or procured through this website.
When you pick up your vehicle, you will be required to sign a rental agreement with the supplier of the vehicle. Your rental and use of the vehicle will be governed by the terms of the rental agreement and any other documentation or information provided to you by the supplier at the time you pick up your vehicle. The rental agreement is between you and the supplier and we will not be liable to you or to any third party in relation to the terms of the supplier's rental agreement or any other documentation provided to you by the supplier at the time of pick up.
While we will make reasonable efforts to ensure we are representing only reputable suppliers, we make no warranty about the fitness or suitability of any third party (supplier) product or service and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness of any vehicle. We welcome feedback from our customers on their experience with our suppliers. We may, at our discretion, provide you with reasonable assistance in resolving any dispute you may have with a supplier.
Our total liability to you in relation to your use of this website and the information contained on this website will not exceed the dollar amount of the deposit we have received from you in relation to your booking/rental. Refunds will not be made for bookings cancelled due to inclement weather. Again, we strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance. Your use of this website is governed by the laws of New Zealand and the jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
To make a booking you must complete our booking form which is easy to follow and secured with the latest encryption technology. Once we receive your form, we will, subject to availability, confirm your booking by emailing you a confirmation voucher and invoice.
If you are booking via phone, please make sure you have read the terms and conditions of the vehicle you wish to rent first. Our reservations consultant will ask you if you have read the terms and agree to them before proceeding. The onus is always on the renter to ensure they make themselves fully aware of the terms displayed on our website.
In booking on this website you acknowledge that we disclose your information to your selected Supplier in order to provide the requested rental services.
Vehicle capacity and fitness to drive
Under no circumstances are you permitted to carry more passengers than the vehicle you rent is legally registered to carry, and if you do your insurance may be invalidated. The number of seatbelts (and passengers) is indicated next to each vehicle on this website. Luggage capacity where shown is an indication only and we will not be responsible should you be unable to fit your entire luggage into a vehicle. It is your responsibility to choose a journey that is within your capabilities. A vehicle supplier can refuse to rent a vehicle to any person who is in their opinion unfit to drive or does not meet eligibility requirements. In such circumstances we will have no further liability to you.
In the event of cancellation, any deposit amounts paid at the time of booking are non-refundable.
If you are unsatisfied with our service, please contact us within 48 hours of placing your booking or request and we will work to resolve any issues and determine if compensation is due. In the event you have completed your rental and are unhappy with your vehicle, we are happy to assist you in seeking compensation from the operator of the vehicle.
This website is owned and operated by Online Republic Ltd. Our financial centre and marketing office is based at Level 5, 12 Madden Street, Wynyard Quarter, Auckland, New Zealand. In Australia, we are based at Suite 3.01, 11 Queens Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004. Thank you for booking with us.