hitch car rentals - ski car rentals companies
hitch car rentals depot information
Hitch Car Rentals Rental Terms for travel between 01-Jun-2019 and 31-Dec-2024
Accepted credit cards are Visa and MasterCard. A 2.5% credit card transaction fee may apply to the total rental charges.
The balance is to be paid directly to the supplier on arrival. No additional security bond is required.
A location fee of NZD 11.99 inclusive of GST per rental is already included in the quoted rate.
A. The Hirer's Obligation
1. The Hirer shall ensure that:
1. The water in the radiator and the battery of the vehicle is maintained at the proper level.
2. The oil in the vehicle is maintained at the proper level.
3. The tyres of the vehicle are maintained at the proper pressure.
2. The Hirer shall ensure that all reasonable care is taken in handling and parking the vehicle and that it is left securely locked when not in use.
3. In the event that the hirer does not pay any monies due for rental or any other charges. The costs for collecting the outstanding debt will be borne by the hirer.
4. Meet the minimum age requirement of 21 years of age.
B. Owners Obligations
1. The Owner shall supply the vehicle in a safe and roadworthy condition.
2. The Owner shall be responsible for all ordinary and extraordinary costs of running the vehicle during the term of the hire except when, by the terms of this agreement, those cost are payable by the Hirer.
Note: The cost of petrol and other fuel (but not oil) used during the term of hire is the responsibility of the Hirer.
C. Mechanical Repairs and Accidents
1. If the vehicle is damaged or requires repair or salvage, whether because of an accident or breakdown, the Hirer shall advise the owner of the full circumstances by telephone as soon as possible.
2. The Hirer shall not undertake any repairs or salvage without the authority of the Owner except to the extent that the repairs or salvage are necessary to prevent further damage to the vehicle or other property.
3. The Hirer shall ensure that no person shall interfere with the distance recorded or speedometer or except in an emergency, any part of the engine, transmission, braking or suspension system of the vehicle.
D. Use of the Vehicle
1. The Hirer shall not permit the vehicle to be used for the carriage of passengers for hire or reward unless the vehicle is hired with the knowledge of the Owner for use in a passenger service licensed under the Transport Services Licensing Act 1989.
2. The Hirer shall not:
1. Sublet or hire the vehicle to any person.
2. Permit the vehicle to be operated without his or her authority.
3. Operate the vehicle, or permit it to be operated, in circumstances that constitute an offence by the driver against section 58 of the Transport Act 1962 (which relates to driving or attempting to drive with excess breath or blood alcohol or operate under the influence of any drink or drug).
4. Operate the vehicle or permit it to be operated in any race, speed test, rally or contest.
5. Operate the vehicle or permit it to be operated to tow or propel any other vehicle.
6. Operate the vehicle or permit it to be operated in breach of the Transport Act 1962, the Traffic Regulation 1976 or any other Act, regulations or bylaws relating to road traffic.
7. Operate the vehicle or permit it to be operated for the transport of more than the number of passengers or more than the weight of the goods specified in the certificate of the loading if the vehicle.
8. Drive or permit the vehicle to be driven by any other person if at the time of driving the vehicle the Hirer of the vehicle is not the holder of the current full drivers licence appropriate for the vehicle.
9. Smoke in the rental car. There is a nosmoking policy in all our vehicles. A $100.00 Grooming Fee will be charged if the hirer is in breach of the policy.
Where damage of the vehicle is caused by the breach of clause D the hirer shall be responsible for the full cost of repair notwithstanding that collision damage waiver may have been purchased.
E. Return of the Vehicle
1. The Hirer shall ensure that:
1. The Hirer shall on or before the expiry of the term of hire, deliver the vehicle to the location specified in this agreement, or obtain the Owner's consent to the continuation of the hire.
2. If the vehicle is returned and it is on our opinion that it is extensively dirty outside or inside, then a $100 cleaning fee will be charged.
3. If the vehicle is returned more than one hour after the due date and time, it will be deemed to be hired for at least an additional day and will be charged accordingly.
F. Immediate Return of Vehicle Where Default or Damaged
1. The Owner shall have the right to terminate the hiring and take immediate possession of the vehicle if the hirer fails to comply with any of the terms of agreement, or if the vehicle is damaged. The termination of the hire under this clause shall be without prejudice to other rights of the Owner and the rights of the Hirer under this agreement or otherwise.
G. Insurance Conditions
1. Subject to the exclusions set out below, the Hirer, and any driver authorised to drive the vehicle, is full indemnified in respect of any liability he or she might have to the Owner in respect of the loss or damage of the vehicle and its accessories and spare parts and any consequential loss of revenue or other expenses of the Owner, including towage and salvage costs associated with the recovery of the vehicle and its accessories and spare parts. Subject to the exclusion set out below, the Hirer, and any driver authorised to drive the vehicle, is indemnified to the extent
of $1,000,000 in respect of any liability he or she might have for damage to any property (including injury to any animal) belonging to any other person and arising out of the use of the vehicle.
H. Exclusion to Insurance Cover
1. The indemnities referred to above shall not apply where the damage, injury or loss arises when:
1. The driver of the vehicle is under the influence of alcohol or any drug that affects his or her ability to drive the vehicle.
2. The vehicle is in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition that arose during the course of the hire and that caused or contributed to the damage or loss, and the Hirer or driver was aware or ought to have been aware of the unsafe or unroadworthy condition of the vehicle.
3. The vehicle is operated in any race, speed test, rally or contest.
4. The vehicle is driven by any person not named in clause 3 of the agreement.
5. The vehicle is driven by a person who at the time when he or she drives the vehicle is disqualified from holding or has never held a driver's licence appropriate for the vehicle.
6. The vehicle is wilfully or recklessly damaged by the Hirer or any other person named in clause 3 of this agreement or driving the vehicle under the authority of the hirer, or is lost as a result of wilful and reckless behaviour of the Hirer or any such person?
7. The vehicle is operated outside the term of the hire or any agreed extension of the term.
8. The vehicle is operated in breach of clause 12 of this agreement.
9. In the event that the driver is charged with an offence as a result of an accident, the hirer's liability is increased by $10,000
10. The vehicle is operated on any of the following roads: Skipper Canyon, any beaches.
It is agreed between the owner and the Hirer that section 11 of the Insurance Law Reform Act 1977 shall apply to the above as if this clause constituted a contract of Insurance.
The general effect of this provision is that an exclusion will not apply if the hirer proves on the balance of probability that the damage was not caused or constituted to by the matters to which the exclusion applies.
I. Replacement of the Vehicle
1. In the event of an accident no refund of unused hire will be made. Provision of a replacement vehicle is at owner's discretion.
2. Broken windscreens, punctures and damaged tyres are at the cost of hirer.
3. Where vehicles are fitted with radio? radio/cassette players, air con and any other accessories, these are supplied 'gratis' and do not form any part of any Rental Contract unless specifically stated.
J. Traffic Infringements
1. The Hirer is required to abide by the laws that govern New Zealand road users. Any traffic infringements will be charged to the Hirer as well as a $40.00 administration fee.
K. AA Roadside Assistance
1. There is no charge for AA Roadside Assistance for mechanical breakdowns or problems.
2. There will be a $93.00 (Plus GST) charge, plus parts if required, for AA Call Outs relating to Flat Batteries, Lost Keys, Fuel, Wheels and Tyres.
Your personal information is held confidentially and securely. We will not sell any information to third parties. All Credit Card information is handled and secured by DPS.
Terms of booking on this website
The rates on this website are often heavily discounted. This is due to our negotiated rates and bulk buying power. On very rare occasions, a rate may be displayed incorrectly due to our, or a vehicle supplier's error. In such a case, if you book with us at a quoted rate that is incorrect, we will notify you of any price change and give you the option to proceed or cancel. We make every effort to keep information on our site up to date, but we cannot guarantee this website is free of errors or omissions and retain the right to update or change the information published at any time.
To the extent permitted by law we/the owners of this website will not be liable to you or to any third party (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to any accident, injury, delay or loss of enjoyment) arising out of your reliance upon information contained on this website, including but not limited to your use (or inability to use) any products or services described or procured through this website.
When you pick up your vehicle, you will be required to sign a rental agreement with the supplier of the vehicle. Your rental and use of the vehicle will be governed by the terms of the rental agreement and any other documentation or information provided to you by the supplier at the time you pick up your vehicle. The rental agreement is between you and the supplier and we will not be liable to you or to any third party in relation to the terms of the supplier's rental agreement or any other documentation provided to you by the supplier at the time of pick up.
While we will make reasonable efforts to ensure we are representing only reputable suppliers, we make no warranty about the fitness or suitability of any third party (supplier) product or service and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness of any vehicle. We welcome feedback from our customers on their experience with our suppliers. We may, at our discretion, provide you with reasonable assistance in resolving any dispute you may have with a supplier.
Our total liability to you in relation to your use of this website and the information contained on this website will not exceed the dollar amount of the deposit we have received from you in relation to your booking/rental. Refunds will not be made for bookings cancelled due to inclement weather. Again, we strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance. Your use of this website is governed by the laws of New Zealand and the jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
To make a booking you must complete our booking form which is easy to follow and secured with the latest encryption technology. Once we receive your form, we will, subject to availability, confirm your booking by emailing you a confirmation voucher and invoice.
If you are booking via phone, please make sure you have read the terms and conditions of the vehicle you wish to rent first. Our reservations consultant will ask you if you have read the terms and agree to them before proceeding. The onus is always on the renter to ensure they make themselves fully aware of the terms displayed on our website.
In booking on this website you acknowledge that we disclose your information to your selected Supplier in order to provide the requested rental services.
Vehicle capacity and fitness to drive
Under no circumstances are you permitted to carry more passengers than the vehicle you rent is legally registered to carry, and if you do your insurance may be invalidated. The number of seatbelts (and passengers) is indicated next to each vehicle on this website. Luggage capacity where shown is an indication only and we will not be responsible should you be unable to fit your entire luggage into a vehicle. It is your responsibility to choose a journey that is within your capabilities. A vehicle supplier can refuse to rent a vehicle to any person who is in their opinion unfit to drive or does not meet eligibility requirements. In such circumstances we will have no further liability to you.
In the event of cancellation, any deposit amounts paid at the time of booking are non-refundable.
If you are unsatisfied with our service, please contact us within 48 hours of placing your booking or request and we will work to resolve any issues and determine if compensation is due. In the event you have completed your rental and are unhappy with your vehicle, we are happy to assist you in seeking compensation from the operator of the vehicle.
This website is owned and operated by Online Republic Ltd. Our financial centre and marketing office is based at Level 5, 12 Madden Street, Wynyard Quarter, Auckland, New Zealand. In Australia, we are based at Suite 3.01, 11 Queens Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004. Thank you for booking with us.