fox rent a car - ski car rentals companies
fox rent a car depot information
Fox Rent a Car Rental Terms for travel between 01-Sep-2018 and 31-Dec-2024
STANDARD RENTAL QUALIFICATIONS
Non-Local renters (DL address must be more than 150 miles from rental location) may rent using the following method(s) of payment and must meet all standard rental qualifications, including -
1. Must produce a Major Credit Card or Debit Card (Please see the Debit Card section below for requirements).
2. Must produce a Drivers License bearing the same name as is on the card.
3. Credit Card/Debit Card and Drivers License must be presented at the rental counter at the time of pick up.
Local renters (who have an address within 150 miles of rental location) may NOT use a Debit Card, and must meet all standard rental qualifications, including -
1. Must produce a Major Credit Card.
2. Must produce a Drivers License bearing the same name as is on the card.
3. Credit Card and Drivers License must be presented at the rental counter at time of pick up.
MAJOR CREDIT CARDS
1. The credit card must have the available funds for the estimated amount of rental charges, plus a deposit of USD/150.00.
NOTE - Local renters in Ft. Lauderdale, Las Vegas, Miami, Oakland, San Francisco and San Josemust have available funds for the estimated amount of rental charges plus a deposit of USD/500.00 and are restricted to car classes - Economy, Compact, Mid-Size, Standard, Full-size. All other car classifications must have available funds for the estimated amount of rental charges plus a security deposit of USD/1,000.00.
2. Unused funds will be returned through the credit card processor after the vehicle is returned. Due to bank processing, a return of funds can take between 2 to 5 business days to appear in the Customers account when using this form of payment.
3. The address stated on the Renters valid Drivers License will be referenced to determine the Renters primary residence.
4. We do NOT accept miniature key tag-style credit cards.
Please see separate DEBIT CARD policy below.
CASH PAYMENTS AT TIME OF RENTAL FOR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS ONLY
Note - This policy is held company-wide: with the exclusions of Oakland and Phoenix, who do NOT rent with cash as a rental qualifier at time of rental for International Customers only.
Documents Needed (must be presented at the rental counter at time of pick up):
1. Valid Passport From Country of Origin
2. International License
3. License From Country of Origin
4. Airline Itinerary Return Confirmation
The International Customer also must satisfy the following conditions:
1. Customer must have a reservation (no walk-ins).
2. They may only rent Economy through Full-Size vehicles.
3. Must present a current valid Passport from a country other than the United States.
4. Must present a valid International License along with a current valid license from the same country as passport.
5. Must present a returning airline itinerary with confirmation of a return travel date.
6. The vehicle must be returned prior to the return date and time of departure as stated on flight confirmation itinerary.
7. In U.S. currency, leave a cash deposit of USD/250.00 plus the estimated amount of rental charges. Unused funds will be refunded by check and sent within 14 days of car return.
8. A U.S.contact phone number (i.e., an operating phone) to be contacted in case of an emergency while the vehicle is on rent.
Prepaid Credit Cards from any card supplier are NOT accepted as a form of payment at time of rental.
PAYMENT AT CAR RETURN
Major Credit cards, Debit cards, prepaid American Express/Visa/MasterCard, and cash always accepted as payment upon return.
In order to use a Debit Card as a method of payment at time of rental, the following policies must be met:
1. We do not accept Debit Cards from Local Renters (who have an address within 150 miles of rental location).
2. The Debit Card must have a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover logo.
3. The Debit Card and Drivers License presented must be in the same name.
4. Customer must have a 24-hour (or greater) advanced reservation.
5. Renter must be a minimum of 21 years of age
6. Must present round-trip airline ticket at time of pick-up
7. In addition to the Drivers License and debit card, the renter must present one of the following forms of ID:
A) An additional credit card or debit card, embossed with the same name as the Drivers License. The card is for identification purposes, and will not be used to charge or authorize.
B) Government-issue ID, in the same name as the Drivers License and debit card.
C) Valid passport: United States- or Foreign Country-issued.
D) United States military identification card.
E) Non-government form of ID. examples that may be accepted include photo store member card (Costco, Sams Club, etc.), a photo employee card (as long as the photo and name match the Drivers License and debit card).
F) Current utility statement in the renter's name and the same address as on the Drivers License, example gas, electric, cable, etc.
8. All documentation including debit card, license, airline ticket, and additional ID must be presented at the rental counter at time of pick up.
9. The address on the Renters valid Drivers License will be referenced to determine the Renters primary residence.
10. Must have available funds to be taken as a deposit at the time of rental in the amount of the estimated rental charges plus USD/400.00.
11. Rental is permitted for the following vehicle classes only: Economy Vehicle, Compact Vehicle and Compact SUV, Mid-Size Vehicle and Mid-Size SUV, Standard Vehicle and Standard SUV, Full-Size Vehicle, Minivan Vehicle.
12. Upon return of the vehicle, unused funds will be returned through the credit card processor. Due to the Customers Bank processing standards for Debit Card transactions, it can take up to 14 days for a credit to appear on his/her account. FOX will not be responsible for any returned checks or insufficient fund charges or bank fees related to this process.
13. Customers who use a Debit Card may NOT add Additional to the rental.
Note: Please see policy for PREPAID RESERVATIONS regarding Debit Cards and Pay Now Reservations.
INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS AND INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS WITH DEBIT CARD
Documents Needed: To be copied and maintained at rental Location (must be presented at the rental counter at time of pick up):
1. Valid Passport From Country of Origin
2. International Drivers License
3. Drivers License From Country of Origin
4. Return Confirmation Airline Itinerary (not applicable for Student)
5. Valid Student ID (if Customer is a Student)
The following conditions must be satisfied by the International Customer:
1. Customer must have a 24-hour reservation booked in advance (no Walk-Ins).
2. Renter must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
3. Rental is permitted for the following vehicle classes only: Economy Vehicle, Compact Vehicle and Compact SUV, Mid-Size Vehicle and Mid-Size SUV, Standard Vehicle and Standard SUV, Full-Size Vehicle, Minivan Vehicle.
4. Present a current valid Passport or Passport Card from a country other than the United States.
5. Present a valid International License along with a current valid Drivers License from the same country as passport.
6. Present a printed return airline itinerary with confirmation of a return travel date, or email itinerary to the Rental Agent (not applicable for Valid Student with ID).
7. The vehicle must be returned prior to the return date and time of departure as stated on flight confirmation itinerary.
8. FOX requires a deposit on the Debit Card for the amount of estimated rental charges plus USD/400.00.
9. A U.S.contact phone number (i.e., an operating phone such as family, friend, hotel, etc.) to be contacted in case of an emergency while the vehicle is on rent.
VEHICLE RENTALS ORIGINATING IN THE STATES OF ARIZONA, CALIFORNIA, COLORADO, NEVADA, UTAH AND WASHINGTON can only be driven within the states of Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
VEHICLE RENTALS ORIGINATING IN THE STATES OF FLORIDA can only be driven within the state of Florida.
VEHICLE RENTALS ORIGINATING IN THE STATE OF TEXAS can only be driven within the states of Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas.
FOX vehicles may be driven into Mexico, but only if you have purchased Mexico Insurance. See MEXICO INSURANCE section above for further details.
Customers may drive a FOX vehicle into Canada, but only if the vehicle was rented from the FOX Seattle location.
FuelPolicy : Vehicles must be returned with the same amount of fuel as at the start of the rental to avoid refueling charges.
Minimum age for renters and drivers is 19. Minimum age for renters and drivers on government orders is 18.
Renters and drivers under the age of 25 are subject to a surcharge -
UNDER AGE 25 SURCHARGE is USD/20.00 per day at all FOX corporate locations except Phoenix where it is USD/25.00 per day, Burbank where it is USD/25.00 per day, Los Angeles where it is USD/25.00 per day, Oakland where it is USD/25.00 per day, Orange County where it is USD/25.00 per day, San Francisco where it is USD/25.00 per day, Denver where it is USD/25.00 per day, Miami where it is USD/25.00 per day, Orlando where it is USD/25.00 per day, Tampa where it is USD/25.00 per day and Las Vegas where it is USD/26.00 per day.
UNDER AGE 21 YOUNG RENTER SURCHARGE is USD/25.00 per day at all FOX corporate locations except Phoenix where it is USD/30.00 per day, Burbank where it is USD/30.00 per day, Los Angeles where it is USD/30.00 per day, Orange County where it is USD/30.00 per day, San Diego where it is USD/30.00 per day, San Francisco where it is USD/35.00 per day, Denver where it is USD/30.00 per day, Miami where it is USD/30.00 per day, Orlando where it is USD/30.00 per day, Tampa where it is USD/30.00 per day, and Las Vegas where it is USD/30.00 per day.
TOLL ROADS AND FEES
Parking and Moving Citations: You are responsible for the payment of all vehicle parking and moving citations assessed against you or the vehicle during the rental period, including all such citations captured by camera and any related fines, fees, or penalties. If a citation-issuing authority notifies us that we will be liable for any such citation and any related fines, fees, or penalties, you will be charged USD/40.00 administrative fee for each such notification in addition to the fine, fee, or penalty.
Tolls and the optional PlatePass All-Inclusive Service : You are responsible for the payment of all tolls incurred during the rental period. However, for your convenience, we offer PlatePass All-Inclusive, an optional electronic toll payment service whereby all toll charges and any related fees you incur during the rental period for the PlatePass Toll Roads set forth below are covered by a daily PlatePass All-Inclusive rate set forth in your rental agreement.
PLATEPASS TOLL ROADS : The toll roads and bridges on which PlatePass may be used are as follows: (a) throughout the states of FL, CO, and TX; (b) on the SF Bay Area Bridges in CA; and (c) on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge and the SR 520 Bridge in Seattle, WA. Please copy the link below into your browser and visit the site for more information on all PlatePass Toll Roads: https://platepass.com/FOX/
NON-PLATEPASS TOLL ROADS : Other than the above-listed toll roads and bridges, all toll roads and bridges are Non-PlatePass Toll Roads.
The current rates applicable to the PlatePass All-Inclusive service are as follows: Rentals originating in Florida, USD/6.99 to USD/8.99 per rental day depending on location. Rentals originating in CA, WA, CO, or TX, USD/11.49 per rental day.Maximum charge of 15 rental days.
NOTICE: If you choose not to purchase the optional PlatePass All-Inclusive service at the commencement of your rental, and you utilize a PlatePass Toll Road, then you will be charged a USD/15.00 admin fee per toll (USD/90.00 maximum per rental agreement) plus the price of the toll and fees from the tolling authority.
Non-Plate Pass Toll Road Tolls : You are responsible for paying all of your tolls. If a Non-PlatePass Toll Road tolling authority notifies us that we will be liable for any toll, or related fines, fees, or penalties incurred during your rental period, you will be charged a USD/15.00 administrative fee per toll (USD/90.00 maximum per rental agreement), in addition to any toll, fine, fee, or penalty. You can avoid this USD/15.00 administrative fee by paying your tolls yourself.
TO Get Further Information on your fines and tolls: https://www.rentalcarticket.com : Contact :FOX Rent A Car: 1-855-517-5137
Authorization : You authorize FOX Rent A Car, Inc. to release your rental and payment card information to ATS Processing Services, LLC, PlatePass, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively, ATS) for processing and billing purposes. If FOX Rent A Car, Inc. or ATS pays a toll or a citation incurred on your vehicle during your rental period, you authorize FOX Rent A Car, Inc. or ATS to charge all such payments and related administrative fees, as described above, to the credit card, other payment card, and/or billing account you used for your rental. Additionally, in connection with any tolls or citations you incur, you authorize ATS to (1) contact you; and (2) contact any toll or citation issuing authorities; (3) share your information with any toll or citation issuing authorities; and (4) transfer liability for any toll or violation to you. In some jurisdictions, liability for tolls or violations may not be transferred to you, and you may not be able contest such tolls or violations.
Customer Facility Charge : CFC will be charged at airport locations where they apply. Please refer to your rental agreement at the time of rental.
NOTE : The CFC at Los Angeles World Airport is changing from USD/10.00 per rental to USD/7.50 per rental day (up to a maximum of 5 days) effective for all reservations made after October 17, 2017 for all rentals beginning on or after January 1, 2018.
Concession Fee/Tourism Fee : Pursuant to California law, all rentals will be charged an airport concession fee and a tourism assessment fee at the time of rental.
Road Safety Fee : Customer will be charged a fee for Denver and Phoenix locations only.
Miles : Rental rates include unlimited miles. Vehicles mileage per gallon is based on manufacturers estimates.
Late Returns : The rate will increase by USD/25.00 per day each day the vehicle is kept beyond the return date at the time of rental.
Early Returns : The rate will increase by USD/20.00 per day, not to exceed the estimated total at the time of rental.
Rental Extensions : If your vehicle is kept longer than the return date stated on the rental agreement (contract), the rate will increase by USD/20.00 per day. To extend the rental agreement, customers must contact the location. If vehicle is kept longer than the return date stated on the rental agreement (contract), the rate will increase by USD/25.00 per day. The increased rate will be charged for each day after expected return date, until the vehicle is returned. Please refer to the Early/Late Return to avoid additional fees. Customers must go to PHX location in person to extend their reservation.
Drop Off and Fees : If you rent a vehicle and you agree to return it to a different office as stated on the rental agreement (contract), you will be charged the one-way drop fee, which varies by drop location WHETHER OR NOT YOU BRING THE VEHICLE BACK TO YOUR ORIGINAL RENTAL LOCATION OR THE DIFFERENT OFFICE AS STATED ON THE RENTAL AGREEMENT.
Length of Rental : Rental agreements (contract) cannot be assigned for a period longer than 30 days. If you have reserved the vehicle for a longer period of time, you must go into the location prior to the 31st day and renew the rental agreement (contract). The rate booked is guaranteed for the original duration of the reservation. Returns earlier or later than the return date on the reservation will be subject to a higher daily rate.
Grace Period : A rental day is each 24-hour time period commencing with the date/time indicated on the rental agreement (contract) at the time of rental. There is a 59-minute grace period for pick-ups and returns. Additional charges and rate recalculation may apply if your pick-up or return happens outside of the standard grace period.
Rental Requirements : All renters/ will be required, at the time of rental, to supply a valid driver license (U.S., or country license accompanied with an International license and passport), current home address (not a P.O. box), a current home and local contact number, and second contact phone number (cell or business).
Shuttle Service : To reach a fox rent a car associate directly, please dial 1-929-346-0099 and select option 1
Terms of booking on this website
The rates on this website are often heavily discounted. This is due to our negotiated rates and bulk buying power. On very rare occasions, a rate may be displayed incorrectly due to our, or a vehicle supplier's error. In such a case, if you book with us at a quoted rate that is incorrect, we will notify you of any price change and give you the option to proceed or cancel. We make every effort to keep information on our site up to date, but we cannot guarantee this website is free of errors or omissions and retain the right to update or change the information published at any time.
To the extent permitted by law we/the owners of this website will not be liable to you or to any third party (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to any accident, injury, delay or loss of enjoyment) arising out of your reliance upon information contained on this website, including but not limited to your use (or inability to use) any products or services described or procured through this website.
When you pick up your vehicle, you will be required to sign a rental agreement with the supplier of the vehicle. Your rental and use of the vehicle will be governed by the terms of the rental agreement and any other documentation or information provided to you by the supplier at the time you pick up your vehicle. The rental agreement is between you and the supplier and we will not be liable to you or to any third party in relation to the terms of the supplier's rental agreement or any other documentation provided to you by the supplier at the time of pick up.
While we will make reasonable efforts to ensure we are representing only reputable suppliers, we make no warranty about the fitness or suitability of any third party (supplier) product or service and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness of any vehicle. We welcome feedback from our customers on their experience with our suppliers. We may, at our discretion, provide you with reasonable assistance in resolving any dispute you may have with a supplier.
Our total liability to you in relation to your use of this website and the information contained on this website will not exceed the dollar amount of the deposit we have received from you in relation to your booking/rental. Refunds will not be made for bookings cancelled due to inclement weather. Again, we strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance. Your use of this website is governed by the laws of New Zealand and the jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
To make a booking you must complete our booking form which is easy to follow and secured with the latest encryption technology. Once we receive your form, we will, subject to availability, confirm your booking by emailing you a confirmation voucher and invoice.
If you are booking via phone, please make sure you have read the terms and conditions of the vehicle you wish to rent first. Our reservations consultant will ask you if you have read the terms and agree to them before proceeding. The onus is always on the renter to ensure they make themselves fully aware of the terms displayed on our website.
In booking on this website you acknowledge that we disclose your information to your selected Supplier in order to provide the requested rental services.
Vehicle capacity and fitness to drive
Under no circumstances are you permitted to carry more passengers than the vehicle you rent is legally registered to carry, and if you do your insurance may be invalidated. The number of seatbelts (and passengers) is indicated next to each vehicle on this website. Luggage capacity where shown is an indication only and we will not be responsible should you be unable to fit your entire luggage into a vehicle. It is your responsibility to choose a journey that is within your capabilities. A vehicle supplier can refuse to rent a vehicle to any person who is in their opinion unfit to drive or does not meet eligibility requirements. In such circumstances we will have no further liability to you.
In the event of cancellation, any deposit amounts paid at the time of booking are non-refundable.
If you are unsatisfied with our service, please contact us within 48 hours of placing your booking or request and we will work to resolve any issues and determine if compensation is due. In the event you have completed your rental and are unhappy with your vehicle, we are happy to assist you in seeking compensation from the operator of the vehicle.
This website is owned and operated by Online Republic Ltd. Our financial centre and marketing office is based at Level 5, 12 Madden Street, Wynyard Quarter, Auckland, New Zealand. In Australia, we are based at Suite 3.01, 11 Queens Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004. Thank you for booking with us.